WELCOME TO THE VBA (Video Baseball Association)
Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23 SHOULD BE A DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

23 SHOULD BE A DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty 23 SHOULD BE A DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  kaifromthebx84 Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:42 am

THE TEAM ARE SO UNBALANCED AND A LOT OF THE PLAYERS WE ENJOY PLAYING WITH ARE NOT EVEN ON THERE TEAMS SO THERE FOR I THINK WE SO DEFINITELY DO A DRAFT! PLEASE COMMENT...........................
kaifromthebx84
kaifromthebx84

Back to top Go down

23 SHOULD BE A DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: 23 SHOULD BE A DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  o0XcessivE0o Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:10 pm

I vote for draft,

Not because i am the 17th pick but because every team at the start of the mlb season has decent players, and a decent 1-5 hitters in their lineup, but after the deadline you see teams trade away players for prospects and wait till next year to put a better team on the field. So there are probably 10 or 12 really good teams and then the talents drops off a cliff when it comes to the remaining teams

o0XcessivE0o

Back to top Go down

23 SHOULD BE A DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: 23 SHOULD BE A DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  BkNycBoY Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:50 pm

A little too late to be calling for a draft after we already started picking teams. IMO teams are more balanced this way 
BkNycBoY
BkNycBoY

Back to top Go down

Post  PPLife Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:54 pm

I agree with BK. The teams are less powerful due to injuries, but MORE balanced now than default at beginning of year. When you look at the quality of your team roster, you have to consider its relative strength to the rest of the CURRENT team rosters.

It is waay too late to change to a draft, but that is beside the point anyway. We run a draft league and a main league and have had a system in place for years. The seeding for team selection is the most fair system I have seen in any online league. The guys with the most skills do not end up with the Yankees, and the guys that struggle to compete do get a better team the next year and have a better shot at actually winning.

As for the guys below the seed for the VBA21 World Series Champion:

If it is your 1st season in the VBA, the 1st season will be the worst seed you ever receive because you do not have an assigned seed yet. You most likely will not get a great team, the first season, but will be ranked for seed selection in every league thereafter, providing you do not violate the 3-strike-inactivity deadline policy.

If you are a VBA veteran and are seeded below the World Series Champion, it is because you failed to participate in the previous main league, or you violated the activity policy and lost your spot for being inactive. You have not earned a seed for a great team, and should not get one, so once again, the system is fair.

PPLife
PPLife
Admin

https://vfa2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PPLife Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:12 pm

UNBALANCED = something we will have to workout before the next draft league. This is where the greatest problem of unbalanced is going to occur, now that there is a HUGE pool of free agent/injured players that drop to teams in the 15th + rounds that know how to manipulate the draft process.

I ask myself, do I have a better shot beating someone like Palatero or UpsetBoily using my MLB roster team, when they have an average MLB roster due to their placing the year before, or when they have a stacked team of their favorite players against mine?

The answer comes easy to me. I thought I had drafted a great draft team this season and was very happy with it. However, I did not know how to manipulate the draft free agent system and my excellent draft team was dwarfed by 15th round monsters. Then the guys that whined, complained and threatened to quit league due to UNBALANCED teams lobbied to force those teams to trade away the players, and all that happened is the guys who cried foul were the very same guys that raped the players ffrom those teams and ended up with the same unbalanced problem....only in their favor instead of someone elses. And it turned out that most if not all of the guys that originally drafted the players, didnt even do it on purpose.

I guess we all have short memories, lol.

PPLife
PPLife
Admin

https://vfa2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  o0XcessivE0o Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Great point

i have quickly forgotten about how people STOLE players in the late rounds.

with everything PPlife said, i am really looking forward to this regular MLB team season.

o0XcessivE0o

Back to top Go down

Post  dairyman81 Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:25 pm

I like regular team.

dairyman81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down