WELCOME TO THE VBA (Video Baseball Association)
Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING)

+5
Blacknightt71
redsman944
PPLife
Falcgun1337
kaifromthebx84
9 posters

Go down

Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING) Empty Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING)

Post  kaifromthebx84 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:01 pm

I Really feel like 19 balls is to much, feel like the count should been around 10-12. BALLS AND EXCESS BUNTING ARE THE BULK OF OUR COMPLAINTS!
kaifromthebx84
kaifromthebx84

Back to top Go down

Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING) Empty Re: Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING)

Post  Falcgun1337 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Eh, I think lowering the ball count would be to easy but I'm down for it, that is if other people are. I'm more like a vote that is needed for it to be unanimous, im not for it really. I've had atleast 10 games with people at 15-19 balls when it used to be 22-24. I don't mind when people throw them. Its just necessary to get used to them.

Falcgun1337

Back to top Go down

Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING) Empty Re: Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING)

Post  PPLife Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:13 pm

what if in addition to the max per game, there was a max per inning also.

this would avoid people waiting until the 7th inning when they get a lead on you, then have a huge bank acount of allowable balls.

1. If there were 4 max per inning added to the ball rule, it would keep it realistic the whole way through the game.

2. You could still choose to intentionally walk a batter if you are too scared to face him, but you would have to throw all strikes to the "lesser thans" in that inning because you spent your 4 balls on your fears.
PPLife
PPLife
Admin

https://vfa2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Falcgun1337 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:16 pm

I actually agree with that "max inning" thing. I hate when I'm in a 'genuine' strike game. Then when it gets really close, 6-9th, it becomes a ball fest, especially with a man on third. It does get rather annoying.

Falcgun1337

Back to top Go down

Post  redsman944 Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:53 pm

I argee with pp's wonderful and great idea of the 4 balls per inning, I wonder where he got such a cool idea

redsman944

Back to top Go down

Post  kaifromthebx84 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Yes i do to agree that is a great idea!
kaifromthebx84
kaifromthebx84

Back to top Go down

Post  PPLife Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:04 pm

lol, I didn't mean to steal your thunder boss, I just wasn't sure you wanted to claim your fame for this great idea.
PPLife
PPLife
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacknightt71 Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:38 pm

I think that this is a perfect idea!
Blacknightt71
Blacknightt71

Back to top Go down

Post  Weso Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:47 am

The only problem I could see with that is facing the teams that are stacked 1-9 it becomes rather difficult to have no room for an accidental ball when you are trying to paint the black with a guy with no control
Weso
Weso

Back to top Go down

Post  dairyman81 Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:54 am

PPLife wrote:lol, I didn't mean to steal your thunder boss, I just wasn't sure you wanted to claim your fame for this great idea.

Its ok hes already famous for beeing the oldest man to play that game

dairyman81

Back to top Go down

Petition to vote: Ball count revisions (APPROVED FOR VOTING) Empty Petition to lower ball count in extra innings.

Post  El Sabroso DJ Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:54 am

To allow 5 balls per inning in an extra inning game is too high. I say it should be lowered to no more then 3 balls per inning in an extra inning game.

Also, If you have a ball count less then the 19 you're allowed in the first 9 those should carry over as well. I.E., If I have thrown 12 balls in the first 9 innings, in the 10th i would have a ball count of 9, 3 for the 10th inning and 6 from the regulation count.

This way you get rewarded for not going over the ball count in the first 9 innings, also those who throw 19 balls in the first 9 innings can no longer feel free to just ball ball ball you to death knowing that 5 per inning is more then enough balls to get you out repeatadly.

El Sabroso DJ

Back to top Go down

Post  dairyman81 Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:49 am

The numbers of balls you havent pitched in the first 9 innings already get added to the extra innings balls. But i agree that 3 balls per extra innings would be better.

dairyman81

Back to top Go down

Post  levins8990 Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:26 am

sure why not

levins8990

Back to top Go down

Post  redsman944 Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:02 pm

If 3 balls per inning is good for extra innings why can't it be good for the whole game? If we add to that one intentional walk per game we may have something lets talk more about this so we can put it to vote if there is enough interest. We have a new lg comming up soon lets get this done. let's hear from you

redsman944

Back to top Go down

Post  PPLife Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:07 pm

I agree Redsman, and I had assumed that if the max per inning was 4, then it would have automatically replaced the extra inning rule by default.
PPLife
PPLife
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Sabroso DJ Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Whenever you're talking about lowering the total ball count allowed per game I am totally down with that.

I like most players in this lg prefer to throw strikes I only resort to ball chucking when it is done to me.

Put it to a vote lower the ball count per inning or whole game I am down with that.

El Sabroso DJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Weso Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:25 pm

If it was four it would be good because that would mean if they intentionally walk there will be no controversies
Weso
Weso

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down