WELCOME TO THE VBA (Video Baseball Association)
Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VBA19 Game vers Shoeless Joe and his abused power

5 posters

Go down

VBA19 Game vers Shoeless Joe and his abused power Empty VBA19 Game vers Shoeless Joe and his abused power

Post  oc 714 pr Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 pm

We played one game April 5th. I took 11 balls tHRU 6 BUT HE threw at least 50 which is fine. However he paused the game at least 20-50 times through out the game inbetween pitches not innings (NOT FINE) he paused the game sooo much that in the 8th inning score 3-4 him i had two men on base 2 and third and he pauses again..only this time He runs out of time.. his timer ran OUT thats how much he paused the game.... So as the rules state I took the win..... THIS YEAR IS DOUBLE THE TIME OF LAST YEAR!

Well he has admin power so he takes my win away and simms me two losses vers his Dodgers!
week 7 game 5 and week 11 game 5.

I try to call him out calmly about it and he acts like he did nothing wrong and Im tripping. he reset one of the two games and saids the last win is his so he kept it simmed. CHECK THE BOX SCORE ON WEEK 7 GAME 5. MALONEY IS NOT A STARTER AND HARRANG DOES NOT COME OUT OF THE BULLPEN! pure AND SIMPLE SIMMED GAME!

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO PETITION TO HAVE HIM REMOVED AS ADMIN! HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE RULES OF THE LEAGUE AND HAS NO BUSINESS SIMMING GAMES HE IS NOT HONEST AND CARES TOO MUCH ABOUT WINNING (THROW BALLS TO PITCHERS) TO BE ADMIN.. I HAVE TALKED TO ABOUT 6-8 MEMEBERS AND THEY ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY AS I DO!

NEXT I WOULD LIKE THE LOSS TAKEN OFF MY RECORD AND HAVE THE WIN AWARDED TO ME. AS THE RULE STATE.

THANKS I'LL WAIT TO HEAR BACK FROM THE LEAGUE

oc 714 pr

Back to top Go down

VBA19 Game vers Shoeless Joe and his abused power Empty Re: VBA19 Game vers Shoeless Joe and his abused power

Post  dairyman81 Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 am

Harrang did not come out off the bullpen but he was chased in te first but it is still an obvious simulation when you take alook at the balls total for both team

here is proof :
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=333365&g=16732795

I feel like there should be some sort of sanctions here an admin should never abuse his power lime this.

dairyman81

Back to top Go down

VBA19 Game vers Shoeless Joe and his abused power Empty Re: VBA19 Game vers Shoeless Joe and his abused power

Post  Joba Rulez 62 Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:03 pm

take shoeless off admin he doesnt do anything i ask him to reset games and approve trades and he doesnt seem to concerned about doing his job. in fact, the only admin who does anything is redsman. the admins besides him are worthless. there should be new admins selected.
Joba Rulez 62
Joba Rulez 62

Back to top Go down

Post  PPLife Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:27 pm

wow, this is a monster to tackle. I don't know how Redsman is going to deal with this, but I would like to chime in as a witness to their argument because I have something to share that might sort out a lot of the indifference between these two guys.

1. I took a win from Shoeless Joe early in VBA19, after 2 consecutive timer expirations. This is how he learned of the rule. He honestly thought the rule was 2x, and the rulebook does in fact describe 2nd timer expiration as the rule violation. On the other hand, your rationale is correct. The rule is based on 3:00 timers. However, it is unfair to interpret the 5:00 timer as 2x. It is still 1:00 short of a violation, so I think the commissioner is going to revise the language in the rule,so nothing is left for individual interpretation.

2. I agree that the game OC showed was in fact a simulated game. Shoeless Joe was honestly confused when he edited the games. It was one mistake followed by a 2nd when he tried to correct it, and he got himself in a tizzy. I know this because I was trying to help him sort it out in a private chat, and even I got lost in the mess. I've made the same chain of mistakes when I was admin, and it easy to get spun around and lost in a giant mess, and yes, it sure does make you look silly, but the intentions are not to cheat.

3. I know that Shoeless Joe was exceptionally helpful to Redsman during the coordination & launch of the 1st lgs of this years game, and I believe that is why Redsman chose him as an admin. There are a lot of chores and responsibilities asst. admins carry out for the commish that we dont see as playing members. Don't forget these guys are laboring on behalf of our enjoyment, and are not getting paid as employees.

Which brings me to a new topic:

Having said that, I think the commissioner shouldn't have to pay an entry fee to play in the leagues. I know this is a topic for a separate thread and has nothing to with the dispute in this thread, but all of this reminds me of the work and burdens the commish has to take on, and he pays $20 every season to do so. If .75 of each entry was allocated to pay the admins entry fee, it would be a nice way to show appreciation for all of the headaches he endures.
PPLife
PPLife
Admin

https://vfa2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  redsman944 Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:07 pm

First of all I understand the frustration that OC has with several game delays and that is a real complaint. When we get in a game we should do our best to get it done without distractions of several stops and starts.

With that being said shoesless has been a great help to me in many ways. I feel confident that he has done his job well and to the best of his ability that does not mean that he did not miss some things but haven't we all missed things here and there or made a mistake or two especially in the heat of battle.

So I am standing behind him on this one. The witing with regard to the timer rule has been changed and you are now allowed one complete time out if you use up that time and the other player takes the win that is his right. The only fair way to fix this is to have the rule take effect going forward. So please be understanding and lets let cooler heads prevail.

redsman944

Back to top Go down

Post  PPLife Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Understood, I will revise the language in the rulebook to reflect this year's timers.
PPLife
PPLife
Admin

https://vfa2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down