WELCOME TO THE VBA (Video Baseball Association)
Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the VBA!

Please register to join if you are new, become part of our online community and receive placement in our leagues.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning up the league

+9
Blacknightt71
Falcgun1337
Paletero187
PPLife
El Sabroso DJ
Shoeless Joe
kaifromthebx84
dairyman81
redsman944
13 posters

Go down

Cleaning up the league Empty Cleaning up the league

Post  redsman944 Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:23 pm

From all the posts recently it has become clear that I must address and explain to the best of my ability what is currently happening in the VBA.

The VBA is a membership, a place where mature players regardless of age can get together and compete in an atmosphere of fair play and good sportsmanship.

Fair play and good sportsmanship cannot be regulated and means more than just playing according to the rules. Good sportsmanship means that you don’t try to take advantage of the game. Good sportsmanship means that you don’t bunt twice in a row or with two strikes. Good sportsmanship does not look for ways to bypass the rules for example hitting a batter because you don’t want the balls to count against the total ball count. Good sportsmanship and fair play means that you will not bunt 10 or more times in a game just because you want to win and 2k has made it much easier to bunt with the latest patch. I can not list all the things that go into good sportsmanship and fair play because both are a mind set that says I know I could do this but it really is not fair or I won’t do it because it is a glitch.

We are a balls and strikes league up to 19 and on the 20 th ball you must quit, the same is true with any other rule violation, when the rule violation is brought to your attention you must quit not spend 5 minutes arguing that you didn’t do something you know you did. By the way arguing about something you know you did but because you don’t want to pay for your actions you deny it is another example of bad sportsmanship. The purpose of being able to throw balls is keep you from getting into trouble or get you out of trouble and should be used accordingly.

From the inception of the VBA we made a determination that we would be respectful of every one. What does it mean to show respect to someone? Maybe the best way to answer this question is saying what is not respectful. Calling someone your Bitch or Fucker or any other derogatory name is not showing respect. I can understand in the middle of a game some words will come out for sure but they should be directed towards the game play of the moment or even 2k but not towards your opponent.

If you have a complaint about someone cussing you out or not playing fairly post this complaint in the clubhouse. I and the other admin as well as anyone else who wants to will comment on it, and then a decision will be made and the appropriate actions will be taken.

I am letting everyone know that we will probably have more people expelled from the VBA for poor sportsmanship and a lack of fair play issues than rules violations and I don’t want anyone caught off guard.

I am putting everyone on notice we are taking back and restoring the VBA to its former glory and this will be a place where people can have fun and play hard and be respected, if you can’t agree with that than this league is not for you and we respectfully understand that this style of league play is not for everyone, thats what the lobby is for and we wish you the very best.

redsman944

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up the league Empty Re: Cleaning up the league

Post  dairyman81 Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:48 pm

See what you've done boily?

dairyman81

Back to top Go down

Post  kaifromthebx84 Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Damn and i thought it was my fault! lol
kaifromthebx84
kaifromthebx84

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up the league Empty I agree

Post  Shoeless Joe Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:53 pm

No it's because of me

Shoeless Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  El Sabroso DJ Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm

good sportsmanship that the commish is articulating, refers to avoiding this mentality below:

"yeah so all you kids out there play by the rules or you might have to give a frustrated player a cheap win because of some stupid ruling that had ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME!"

El Sabroso DJ

Back to top Go down

Post  PPLife Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:02 pm

I agree Redsman, nice post!!!
PPLife
PPLife
Admin

https://vfa2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up the league Empty Agreed

Post  Paletero187 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:15 pm

I dont even know why people argue sometimes...It is so much easier to talk to someone in a cool and collected manner than to just scream at them showing off all sorts of frustration.
Paletero187
Paletero187

Back to top Go down

Post  Falcgun1337 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:18 pm

When I have my mic, I generally unplug it so I don't have to hear someone grunting (or have them hear mine since I do it often). It just stirs up shit.

Falcgun1337

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacknightt71 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:25 pm

I agree with this redsman.
Blacknightt71
Blacknightt71

Back to top Go down

Post  levins8990 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:41 pm

wait so i still cant insult canada?

levins8990

Back to top Go down

Post  Weso Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:43 am

Good post I will man up and say I have fallen victim to the gameplay around me.
Weso
Weso

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up the league Empty agree

Post  shizauny mac Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:19 am

i agree

shizauny mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Pablocrazy1 Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:34 am

thank you soo much reddman nice post
Pablocrazy1
Pablocrazy1

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up the league Empty BREAKS ALL RULES

Post  kaifromthebx84 Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm

koolaids behaviors are systemic he continues to do things that are against the rules, then taunts his opponents about, how hes going to take the win. This young man needs a attitude adjustment. He led off so far that his man attempted to steal second as i was about to get him out at second he went back to 1st. upon me telling him that he was out he refused to get out stating he was going to take the win. Just 2 nights ago Levins, Weso, shoeless and myself explained to him that it was a attempt to steal second and he cant go back, and if he did it was a out. The reason we had this discussion is because he did the samething to shoeless. This is the type of owner this club does not need. No
kaifromthebx84
kaifromthebx84

Back to top Go down

Post  Pablocrazy1 Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Good post REDDSMAN
Pablocrazy1
Pablocrazy1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content